Go to main content of the website

The El Badii Palace

Cultural city tours

The ruins of El Badii Palace are 5 minutes by foot from the Riad Chamali. The palace was built from 1578 to 1603 under order of the Saadian Sultan Ahmed El Mansour Ed- Dahbi, following his victory in the " Battle of the Three Kings" against Portugal. The El Badi Palace and its 300 rooms inspired jealousy and envy among neighboring monarchs and was then dismantled by another sultan in 1696. Today, the only remains are the main enclosure and the large courtyard filled with orange trees.
 

Distance : about 1 km from the Riad.
Contact : Opened everyday from 8.45am to 12.45pm and from 2.30pm to 6.30pm.
Prices : 10 dirham. About 1 €.
Address:
Palais El Badiî, Ksibat Nhass,
40000 MARRAKECH
MOROCCO
Access:
Follow the Berrima street to the Ferblantiers square and turn west from there.